A little history…
1960: Québec’s first bilingual Science Fair was held in the Richelieu Valley, in McMasterville.
- 11 schools were represented (three anglophone and eight francophone)
1961: First Science Fair in the Greater Montréal Area held in the Hall d’honneur of Université de Montréal
1965: First regional final science fair in Saguenay – Lac-Saint-Jean
- Local and regional Science Fairs began springing up at schools across Québec!
1972: Fresh start for the sciences fairs with the Conseil de la jeunesse scientifique (CJS)
- Increase of participation in Science Fairs after a slight decline due primarily to the educational reforms
- Regional finals then appeared or were re-established in the Québec City, Chaudière-Appalaches, Montérégie, Estrie, Est du Québec and Abitibi-Témiscamingue regions.
1976: First Québec Final of the Science Fairs
1980: New regional finals for the following regions:
- Mauricie, Centre-du-Québec
- Montreal Regional Science and Technology Fair
1987: Bell Canada becomes the Presenting partner of the Science Fairs all across Québec.
2010: The Science Fairs celebrates their 50th edition
2011: Hydro-Québec becomes presenting partner for the Science Fairs all across Québec